Lecturer in Pure Mathematics
Research:My research interests lie in commutative algebra, algebraic geometry and combinatorics with focus in applications.
- Toric degenerations of varieties
- Toric varieties and lattice ideals
- Algebraic and combinatorial divisor theory for graphs and oriented matroids
- Sandpile models (avalanche dynamics)
- Hyperplane arrangements and Orlik-Terao ideals
- Gröbner bases and its applications
- Deformation, minimal free resolutions, and cellular resolution of ideals
- Determinantal ideals and their application in conditional independence statements
- Algebraic statistics: Graphical models and maximal likelihood degree of varieties
- System reliability theory and percolation theory
- Combinatorial persistent homology
Conference and Seminar Organisation:
- In 2018-2019 I am co-organising the Bristol Algebra and Geometry Seminar with Mark Hagen and Alex Malcolm. See here for details.
- This semester (October-December 2018) I am teaching a new TCC course on Combinatorial Algebraic Geometry.
- In December 2018, I am organising A3G 2018: Advances in Applied Algebraic Geometry.
- In September 17, 2018, I am organising One-Day Meeting in Combinatorial Algebraic Geometry.
- In Summer 2017, I organised a focused research meeting on Toric Degenerations.
- In 2017-2018, I voluntarily organised the first Bristol Problem Solving Seminar. See University of Bristol News.
- May 29-30, 2015: Workshop on NonLinear Algebra at the Einstein-Saal of the Berlin-Brandenburg Academy of Sciences.
- June 26, 2015: Seminar on NonLinear Algebra (I) at TU Berlin.
- December 10, 2015: Seminar on NonLinear Algebra (II) at TU Berlin.
- 2015.10-2017.01: postdoc within the Einstein project in Bernd Sturmfels group at Technical University Berlin.
- 2014.11-2015.10: IST Fellow working with Caroline Uhler.
- 2013.11-2014.08: Alexander von Humboldt research fellow at Osnabrück University with Winfried Bruns.
- 2012.07-2013.10: Alexander von Humboldt research fellow at the Philipps University Marburg working with Volkmar Welker.
- 2011.09-2012.06: postdoc at MSRI, Berkeley, under the supervision of Helene Barcelo.