Some favourite links
- PsBind: put two pages of a ps file into one efficiently.
- A nice HTML tutorial.
- Total Validator, to verify my pages.
- Dropbox for synchronizing files.
- rsync, another excellent tool for file sync. SSHelper will allow to use it to/from and Android device.
- isync, if you'd like to go offline with your email.
- Git version control and sharing (in Hungarian).
- Sometimes it's good to know that raising skinny elephants is so utterly boring.
Invest in learning. Here are a few incredible tools that need a bit of getting used to.
- LaTeX. Typesetting done properly.
- Vim, the Text Editor.
- And if you liked it, qutebrowser, for very efficient and mouseless browsing.
- Also, the ranger or vifm file managers. (Or, Midnight Commander for something more traditional.)
- The rxvt-unicode terminal, with the keyboard-select, url-select extensions.
- Org mode to stay organised. (Can also use it under Vim or Android.)
- Alpine mailer. Yes, you read it correctly. It's very, very powerful. Alternatively, (Neo)Mutt.
- Linux in general, especially Bash or Fish and Awk therein.
- i3 tiling window manager. Try it and you'll never go back to your old desktop.
- MOC - music on console.
[Home] | [Research] | [Publications] | [Talks] | [Me] | [Utilities] | [Links] | [Teaching]